Friday, December 5, 2008

radio interview

(camera phone photos from TBS... will eventually post a couple more that end up on tbs's website)





audio of my radio interview on tbs radio in seoul (http://tbsefm.seoul.kr/) - many many thanks to julie for the recording...

scot higgins who my beloved grandmother used to take care of and who in some odd way feels like a family member because i know that we both share(d) a deep love for her and my grandfather and continue to share a deep love for my (AMAZING) aunts - kathy and pat... is living here in seoul and working part time as a writer for this station... so he "hooked me up" with this opportunity... and it would appear that i will have the chance to do more with the station...

funny... thing... my life... yesterday i will have been here for 2 weeks... and already so much living has taken place...


audio below (not the cleanest recording but its fine and im appreciative to julie for having the foresight to record this for me)



---

im not quite sure of the how or when
of all this
this
this that is before me
transpired

not quite sure how it came to be
if in a dream
a wish
or some kind of
child-hood longing

but here i am
days from 33
(though here it would be 34)
and
i have a life that is
mine

a life lived well
wretchedly at times
but well

and full
and good
and odd
and beautiful

or maybe i am the fulfillment of her dreams
of his wanton ways
maybe i am simply the incarnation of
their
unfinished hopes
some ancestors sleepless nights
- i do not know the answer
- i only know
the
questions

how is it that my life has turned out so
well
so...
very

good?

two weeks and a day
so much living has
taken place
both wretched and divine
i am an angel with demons wings
cannot help the imp in me
but still i can ascend

and more and more i believe
of who it is i can become
who it is i will become

dear god
zeus
susan
or whatever your name is
- the river is deep
the river is wide
something in me is so cleansed






No comments: