Saturday, December 29, 2007

trust dance co in seoul

trust dance company - a local improv dance group had their new year's eve party last night...

the performance included traditional dance and their modern improv...

twas incredible...

and good to see the arts community of seoul... or rather to get a better taste of the work that is created here...

traditional dance:

trust dance co

Add to My Profile | More Videos

"crazy" by trust dance co... a piece about drinking makkoli (rice liquor) dancing etc etc... as julie put it "the korean dance version of minneapolis' "mad king thomas"

trust dance co 3

Add to My Profile | More Videos

trust dance co 2

Add to My Profile | More Videos

...

mix of emotions... sense of pride... sense of sadness and loss thoughts of "this should have been my community... i mean this should have been the world that i was a part of... " ... our faces look korean... our clothing... our mannerisms... our speech... our language... we're not korean... we are some cross hybrid of something... sense of fascination... sense of appreciation for dance... clarity in my thoughts as to how i will write my next grant applications... what i do and do not want... how much HERE means to me... how much i wish id grown up here...

orphan or not... the thing is ... i think "at the end of the day" i still woulda been an artist... i wish i coulda been one here... i mean i wish id grown up here as that would inform my art...

... no matter how fluent i may become in korean... the language has been robbed ... sold out literally - from beneath me...

... but last night... seeing the dance... it was good...

to see what could have been... to see what is

No comments: