Saturday, November 29, 2008

photographic memory

last night i
took a thousand photographs
and stored them in my
heart
and
head

hands as soft as mine
a crash course in ordering
and blood types

stumbling down jagged streets
5am

this
this
this is right

in the alleyways and back streets
id once believed where id been left behind

walking down the stairs
telling me
things
walking long the streets of hongdae
walking up the wooden stairs
drinking beers
and learning how to really pour
telling me things
of why
true or not
(skin as soft as mine)

telling me things
of how im seen
of how my name
my first name
how it sounds
what it means

how im perceived
and ive heard it before
but here
the words have more weight
and for the first time
i am able to believe
that this is truth

this is right
this is the first time
this is how it should be

skin as soft as mine
no need to justify or explain away
just is
just right

just good

i memorized the night
i did not need a camera

2 boiled eggs in my pocket
carrying them as a walking nest
drunkenly smashing them against a wall
drunkenly smashing up against a wall
happily
drunkenly
stumbling
tumbling
pushing
pulling

with skin
as soft as mine

No comments: