Saturday, April 18, 2009

walking on the top of time



... and the boys shout kim
and the girls pull out bucket shots
but tonight
its an empty glass
empty bottle
- so much living takes place in such a short amount of time
like how love and light get in
like how...
the night
it always ends in a certain kind of
still

and theres so much to say
so much to tell

but everything that means

... im the present future remembering the five second ago past
already mourning
already
longing
already
hoping

and god
he
she
gives no
signs

cept this song

... always

theres a song

... i love-a-you who does not love-a-me
not like that
whatever thats supposed to mean
cuz me
i (just)
know
what it is i came here looking for

and you know what this poem is
cuz its for you
and everyone else applauds saying
"bellisimo more!"
whilst my heart falls down my sleeve

... cuz i love-a-you who does not love-a-me

and this is how the light
its been getting in

and one day
i'll get drunk enough to smash the windows of those liars
(goddamn she came looking
and now i know that there is a hell)

motherland
birthing land
youve returned my tears to me
dried beneath the florida palms and grapefruit trees
resurrected before the spring of cherry blossoms

oh how i love-a-you that does not love-a-me
but how i am returning

soft feet padded like the fall of leaves
memories of shouts and hugs dimmed

only you

you alone...

remain luminous

walking towards (the) time

walking atop 구월

No comments: